A number of options are available for customizing your project. The options window is accessed via “Tools | Options”:
To access the Options window:
1. Click in theicon from the toolbar:
2. A window will appear which contains four tabs. Each one has a specific option:
1. General tab: This tab contains two sections: Display and Environment
· Display: In this section, you can choose a theme from the list of themes:
You can also change the style of the icons (Flat or Classic) as well as their size (32x32 or 16x16):
· Environment: In this section, you can load the last project you worked on upon launching the software. You can also change the working directory by opening a file and opening a dialog box to select the directory. You also have the option to change the default DBMS by selecting a DBMS from the list:
2. Diagram tab: In this section, you can change the background color of a diagram and display table shadows in a diagram by checking a checkbox:
Diagram notation: You can choose between four possible notations: Relational, IDEF1X, Conceptual and CODACYL. To do so:
1. Go to “diagram notation” by clicking on “Tools | Options | Diagrams”.
2. Choose your favorite notation from the “Diagram Notation” combo box.
3. Tables tab: In this section, you can change the properties of a table:
· Display Column Level: You can change the properties of the columns to display in the tables by selecting the following values: All attributes, Primary keys, Keys, No attributes.
· Auto size: To adjust the size with the table contents in the diagram, check the Auto size tables option.
· Display datatypes: To display datatypes in the tables, check the Display datatypes option.
· Auto edit after creation: When you check this option, you will have the ability to display the window table automatically after you drag and drop the table in the diagram.
· Default title font:To change the title style of the table in the diagram, click on the table_1 button to display a window which contains a list of fonts, sizes, styles, effects, colors and scripts.
· Default body font: To change the styles of the attributes table displayed in the diagram, click on the ID INTEGER button to display a window containing a list of fonts, sizes, styles, effects, colors and scripts.
· Default title background color: This option allows you to change the color of the table header title in the diagram by selecting a color from the window displayed after clicking on the button:
· Default body background color: This option allows you to change the color of the table body in the diagram by selecting a color from the window displayed after clicking on the button:
4. Relationships tab: In this section, you can change the properties of relationships:
· Displaying information: You can select the title of the relationship to display it in the diagram. The title values to display include Caption, Name, and Constraint Name.
· Displaying title: Todisplay the relationship name in the diagram, check the “Display Title” option.
· Moving referenced parent column properties to the child referencing column: All constraints (default, not nul, character set collate) of the referenced parent column are automatically applied to the child referencing column.
· Auto reuse columns: If the parent and child table contain a common field, i.e. one having the same name, type and characteristics, this field is automatically associated with the foreign key constraint, provided that the latter is not already referenced in another foreign key constraint.
· Default color: You can change the color of the relationship by clicking on the button and selecting the color:
Available in: Free and Standard Editions