As a Salesforce developer or administrator, documentation is exactly what you need to have a clear understanding of how your org operates.
Have a well-documented org helps you to stay organized as your organization grows in size and complexity. In fact, having documentation is an absolute necessity.
In this article, we will see how to generate Salesforce documentation using ERBuilder for Salesforce.
First of all, you need to connect your salesforce instance with ERBuilder for Salesforce
Download ERB for Salesforce and install it (Download for Free).
After installation, open the application and go to the menu "Manage connections" and create a new connection to your Salesforce. For more details about how to configure a new connection, read this step-by-step tutorial.
After you set up a connection with your Salesforce, you can now easily reverse engineer your organization. Read more about How to reverse engineer a Salesforce organization.
To generate the documentation
1. Select “Tools | Generate Model Documentation” from the Tools menu.
2. Select the following options as needed and then click Generate DDL Script.
• Output: Select a Directory to save the generated documentation file
• Images Diagram Check to integrate the images of your data model to the documentation file
• One/Multi page Check to choose if the generated Html file will be a single or multiple HTML files
• Elements to include: Select the objects you want to be generated in the documentation HTML
• Elements details to include: Select the details of your objects to include in the generated documentation HTML
3. Click the “OK” button to generate the documentation file
Empower your team with a simple and powerful tool built to be used by Salesforce administrators, developers, or consultants while configuring and managing a Salesforce organization.