How to connect ERBuilder to a local Firebird database
May 26th, 2022,
ERBuilder data modeler is a simple tool that makes it easy to quickly connect, reverse engineer your local Firebird database, and build a fully editable entity-relationship diagram in a matter of minutes.
In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to connect and reverse engineer your Firebird database:
1. Connect ERBuilder to a Firebird database
Firstly, download and install ERBuilder Data Modeler (Download for Free), then run it and follow the steps below to reverse engineer your Firebird database:
To create your connection:
- Click on the New connection button from the start window.
- Or Select File > Manage connections.
- Then click on the button with the plus sign in the Manage connection form.
- To use Firebird with ERBuilder, you need to fill in the following required fields to do this:
- Set the name of your connection;
- Select Firebird from the DBMS list;
- Set your server to localhost;
- Set your user Id and password;
- Select the location for the *.firebird file by clicking on the button with the file icon.
- Click the “Apply changes” button to create your connection. Now that your connection is created you can check if it connecting to your database by clicking on the “Test connection” button.
- If everything was set correctly a message saying connected successfully should appear. To finish, click the Ok button to save.
2. Reverse engineer your Firebird Database
Now that you have connected ERBuilder to your Firebird database. You can reverse engineer your database in an easy way. In order to do that:
- Select File > Reverse Engineer.
- Select your connection.
- Click the Next button.
- Finally, select the items to be imported then click on import.
- This will automatically generate a visual ERBuilder diagram that displays all tables and their relationship. With it, you can easily map out which table each field is related to.
You can now use all features of ERBuilder to edit the diagram with direct manipulation tools to make changes quickly and easily.
How ERBuilder Helps
ERBuilder Data Modeler is a GUI data modeling tool that allows you to visualize, design and model databases by using entity relationship diagrams and automatically generates the most popular SQL databases including Amazon Redshift. Generate and share the data Model documentation with your team. Optimize your data model by using advanced features such as test data generation, schema compare and schema synchronization. Try now ERBuilder for 15 days FREE
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our email newsletter today to receive updates of the latest news, tutorials and special offers!