Salesforce is a cloud computing service as a software (SaaS) company that specializes in customer relationship management (CRM). It is an integrated platform that includes modules for sales, service, marketing, commerce, analytics, productivity, and more.
Salesforce allows a fully customization for your organization to fit your specific business user needs. So your will need to firstly understand how Salesforce works and how his data model is designed
In order to understand a Salesforce organization, his objects, classes, fields and the relationship between them, having the entity relationship diagrams (ERDs) for standard and custom Salesforce objects seem to be the best way to do it.
In this article, we will reverse a Salesforce organization and extract its Entity-relation Diagram. We will use ERBuilder For Salesforce a simple and powerful tool built to help Salesforce administrators to reverse, explore, and document a salesforce organization.
To create a connection between ERBuilder for Salesforce and your Salesforce organization, you must have a Salesforce account. If you don't have already an account, Start creating an account and a Salesforce connected app .
If you have issues to connect ERBuilder with your Salesforce Org, you can find below things to double-check :
- The Connected App is created (it takes 2 to 10 minutes to be active)
- The Connected App is configured correctly
- URL for production org is https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/token
- URL for sandbox org is https://test.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/token
- URL for Salesforce org using custom domain is https://yourcustomdomain.my.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/token
- URL, token, username, password, consumer key, consumer secret are correct
- In the password field you have to specify just the password without concatenating it with the user security token.
- Allowlist salesforce IP address range. See these articles for more information (1, 2)
- Check your Salesforce user login history on your Salesforce org to see if there are any error messages.